- Dr Christos Ioannou, D Phil Student
- Dr Caroline Knight, D Phil Student
- Dias T, Ladd S, Mahsud-Dornan S, Bhide A, Papageorghiou A T, and Thilaganathan B (2011) Systematic labeling of twin pregnancies on ultrasound. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 38(2):130-3.
- Villar J, Papageorghiou A T, Knight H E, Gravett M G, Iams J, Waller S A, Kramer M, Culhane J F, Barros F C, Conde-Agudelo A, Bhutta Z A, and Goldenberg R L (2011) The preterm birth syndrome: a prototype phenotypic classification. Am J Obstet Gynecol.
- Bottomley Cecilia, Daemen Anneleen, Mukri Faizah, Papageorghiou Aris T, Kirk Emma, Pexsters Anne, De Moor Bart, Timmerman Dirk, and Bourne Tom (2009) Assessing first trimester growth: the influence of ethnic background and maternal age. Hum Reprod, 24(2):284-90.
- Bottomley C, Daemen A, Mukri F, Papageorghiou A T, Kirk E, Pexsters A, De Moor B, Timmerman D, and Bourne T (2009) Functional linear discriminant analysis: a new longitudinal approach to the assessment of embryonic growth. Hum Reprod, 24(2):278-83.
- Sairam S, Awadh A MA, Cook K, Papageorghiou A T, and Carvalho J S (2009) Impact of audit of routine second-trimester cardiac images using a novel image-scoring method. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 33(5):545-51.
|Contact address||NDOG, Level 3, Women's Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 9DU, United Kingdom|
|Department||Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
Research interests include:
- Ultrasound in the assessment of early human growth.
- Normal and abnormal fetal growth in single and multiple pregnancies.
- Fetal growth restriction — screening and management.
- Pathology of abnormal placentation.
- Multiple pregnancy management and therapy.
- Fetal cardiovascular changes during labour.
- Management strategies in massive postpartum haemorrhage.
Research methods include:
- Population based studies
- Cohort studies
- Case control studies
- Systematic reviews
Sources of Funding
- Gates Foundation
- Wellcome Trust
Mr Papageorghiou currently divides his time between being a BRC Senior Fellow in Fetal Medicine at the Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Consultant in Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics at St George's Healthcare NHS Trust in London. He obtained his medical degree at the University of Sheffield. He undertook his MD thesis at the University of London, on the prediction of pre-eclampsia using uterine artery Doppler. During this time he was a Research Fellow at the Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine. Following this he completed his specialisation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and undertook subspecialist training in Maternal and Fetal Medicine while a lecturer at St George's, University of London. His clinical and research interests include obstetric ultrasound, normal and abnormal fetal growth, pre-eclampsia and fetal diagnosis and treatment.
Awards Training and Qualifications