Date: Friday 1st December 2017, 9.30am - 5.30pm
Venue: The Richard Doll Building, Old Road Campus, Headington, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7LF.
Please join us for this one day meeting on the role of mitochondria in Health and Disease. We have high quality speakers attending, including:
- Grahame Hardie (Dundee) - Biguanides , AMPK and cancer therapeutics
- Joseph Bateman (Kings College) - Mitochondrial retrograde signalling in the nervous system
- Heather Mortiboys (Sheffield) - Mitochondria in neurodegeneration; a realistic therapeutic target?
- Andrew Murray (Cambridge) - Mitochondrial adaptations to high altitude in Himalayan Sherpas
- Cara Tomas (Newcastle) & Jiaboa Xu (Oxford) - Metabolic biomarkers in ME/CFS
- Craig Lygate (Oxford) - Cardioprotection by mitochondrial creatine kinase
- Charles Affourtit (Plymouth) - Unravelling the unusual bioenergetics of pancreatic beta cells
- Ivan Gout (UCL) – Protein CoAlation: a novel post-translational modification in redox regulation.
- Rita Horvath (Newcastle) – Genes and disease mechanisms in mitochondrial translation deficiencies
Dunja Aksentijevic (Kings College, London) Causal link between intracellular Na elevation and metabolic remodelling in cardiac hypertrophy
Short talks and poster abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com. The abstract deadline is Wednesday 1st November 2017.
Registration fee £30.00 (concessions £15.00), lunch and refreshments are included.