Significant emphasis will be placed on professional development and the acquisition of transferable skills. Our MSc students will receive regular professional development seminars and workshops delivered by internal and external staff.
Areas covered include:
- Information technology
- Business and management skills
- Laboratory safety/health and safety in a clinical environment
- Patents, intellectual property and technology transfer
- Bioethics and medical ethics
- Literature searches/online databases
- Data protection
- Experimental design, interpretation and analysis
- Clinical embryology – career options and recruitment/selection procedures
- Quality management and ISO-accreditation for IVF clinics
- Professional Development
- Course Info
- Graduate Information
- How important is it for me to have a degree that is at least equivalent to an upper second class standard on the UK system?
- How can I ascertain if my degree grade is eligible for Oxford entry?
- I hope to join the course in October but will only receive my final degree grade in June/July. Can I still apply?
- I passed my English language qualifications five years ago. Do I need to re-take the test to apply for the MSc?
- How strict are the requirements for English language qualifications for overseas students?
- I do not currently have the appropriate English language qualifications. Can I still apply?
- I am an overseas student but have lived in the UK for over 10 years. Do I still need to obtain an English language qualification?
- Are there any sponsorships / grants available to help fund students on the course?
- Have students of the MSc in Clinical Embryology been offered full scholarships from the University of Oxford?
- In addition to tuition fees, what other expenses do I need to cover?
- Can I study for the MSc on a part-time basis?
- Once I have the MSc qualification, am I considered a qualified clinical embryologist?
- As part of the course, will I personally get to meet and treat patients?
- As part of the course, will I get to spend time in the clinical IVF unit?
- What has happened to previous graduates?
- Do I get to select a laboratory research project? What research topics are available?
- You offer several deadlines for application. When is the best time to apply?
- I have submitted my application. What happens next?
- Should the proposed changes to clinical embryology accreditation in the UK affect my decision to pursue the Oxford MSc?
- How many students have graduated from the MSc in Clinical Embryology course and which countries do they originate from?