Donatien Chedom fotso
|Tel||+44 (0)1865 222327|
- Applied Statistics and Data Analysis
- Evolutionary Genetics and Genomics
- Machine learning and data mining technics
- Probability theory and applications
- Predictive analysis/ Risk Modeling
Selected list of publications
- Chedom-Fotso Donatien, Ahmed Ashour Ahmed, and Christopher Yau. "OncoPhase: Quantification of somatic mutation cellular prevalence using phase information." bioRxiv (2016): 046631.
- Hellner, Karin, Fabrizio Miranda, Donatien Fotso Chedom, Sandra Herrero-Gonzalez, Daniel M. Hayden, Rick Tearle, Mara Artibani et al. "Premalignant SOX2 overexpression in the fallopian tubes of ovarian cancer patients: Discovery and validation studies." EBioMedicine (2016).
- Miranda, F., Mannion, D., ... & Chedom Fotso D.. “Salt-Inducible Kinase 2 Couples Ovarian Cancer Cell Metabolism with Survival at the Adipocyte-Rich Metastatic Niche”. Cancer Cell, 2016, 30(2), 273-289.
- Donatien Chedom-Fotso, Ahmed Ahmed, Christopher Yau. A novel method for estimating somatic mutations cellular prevalence in cancer using whole genome haplotype phasing. [abstract]. In: Proceedings of the 107th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research; 2016 Apr 16-20; New Orleans, LA. Philadelphia (PA): AACR; Cancer Res 2016;76(14 Suppl):Abstract nr LB-340.
- Chedom, Donatien F., Pablo R. Murcia, and Chris D. Greenman. "Inferring the Clonal Structure of Viral Populations from Time Series Sequencing."PLoS Comput Biol 11.11 (2015): e1004344.
- Mauchline, T.H., Chedom-Fotso, D., and al.. (2015) “An analysis of Pseudomonas genomic diversity in take-all infected wheat fields reveals the lasting impact of wheat cultivars on the soil microbiota”. Environmental Microbiology 17: 4764-4778.
- Donatien Chedom Fotso, Florin Avram, Laure pauline Fotso, « Processus de Markov a Temps Continu Et Applications ». Editions Universitaires Europeennes, 2012.
- Florin Avram, Donatien F. Chedom, “On symbolic RG factorization of quasi-birth-and-death processes”, Journal TOP, no. 2 (2011): 317-335.
- F. Avram, D. F. Chedom, A. Hovarth, “On moments based Padé approximations of ruin probabilities”. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 235 (2011) 3215-3228.
- D. F. Chedom, F. Avram, L. P. Fotso : “On the modeling and optimization of a retrials multiserver queueing system with balking, impatience and feedback”, Research Report, University of Pau, 2010.
- D. CHEDOM F, L.P FOTSO, “Etude et simulation du phénomène d’attente dans un système bancaire. Approximation des mesures de performances des files d’attente M/G/c », Actes CARI’06. 2006. 249-256.
Donatien Chedom Fotso
PhD (Appl Math & Comp Sci), Msc (Comp Sci)
Researcher in Cancer Genome Informatics
- Lead Analytic in Cancer Genomics (Ovarian Cancer Lab)
- Member of Dr Chris Yau's group at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
I joined the university of Oxford in November 2014 as a researcher in Cancer Genome Informatics between Professor Ahmed's Ovarian Cancer Laboratory (Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology) and Dr Chris Yau’s Group (Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics).
Following a postgraduate degree in computer science at the University of Yaounde I (Cameroon), I went on to complete a joint-supervised PhD between the Applied Mathematic Laboratory of the University of Pau in France and the Department of Computer Science of the University of Yaoundé I in Cameroun. My thesis deals with practical problems in the areas of queuing and risk theory that lead to Markov models whose exact or even asymptotic resolution are quite difficult.
I spent three years in the Biostatistics group of The Genome Analysis Centre (TGAC) working on Virus Genomics and developed a novel approach for inferring the clonal composition and evolutional history of a viral population from Next Generation Sequencing data.
My actual works concerns the developing of computational and statistical techniques required to analyze cancer genomic data with a main interest to Ovarian Cancer.
I am also co-supervising two PhD students in the Department of Statistics, the Welcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics and the Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and gynaecology (Ovarian Cancer Research).
Two internships in Cancer Bioinformatics for Master students are available under my supervision. If you are interested and have some skills in R or python programming with some basic knowledges in Genetics and Statistics do not hesitate to contact me.