|Tel||+44 (0) 1865 740887|
|NHS secretary||For NHS clinical queries only please contact Helen Mugnaioni on 01865 221622 or email email@example.com|
- Endometrial immune cells and their role in sub-fertility and recurrent miscarriage
- The interactions seminal fluid extracellular vesicles and endometrial cells
- Embryo factors that enhance implantation
- The influence of follicular fluids on oocyte viability
- Cytokines in pathological pregnancies, in particular IL-33 and its decoy sST2 which we have shown is highly elevated in pre-eclampsia
- Understanding the impact of pregnancy on long-term health
- Miscarriage Research Topics
DPhil MA MBBS MRCOG
Senior Research Fellow in Reproductive Medicine
- Principal Investigator
- Research Group Leader
- Honorary Consultant Gynaecologist and Sub-Specialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- Lead for Recurrent Miscarriage and Early Pregnancy at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
I graduated from the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, University of London in 1998. I undertook my early training in the North-West Deanery before leaving for Sydney to work. I returned to the Oxford Deanery Training Programme in 2003. During this time I undertook a MA in Medical Law and Ethics and a DPhil (with Professor Ian Sargent) in Reproductive Immunology. I was appointed as an NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer in 2012 whilst also undertaking sub-specialty training in Reproductive Medicine. I was appointed as a Senior Clinical Fellow and Consultant Gynaecologist in 2014
The OxWATCH study
The aim of this study is to understand the impact of a first pregnancy (normal or complicated) on the long-term health of women. To do this we are recruiting women before their first successful pregnancy, following them in pregnancy and in the early post-natal period. We are currently in the pilot phase of the study. Further information on the study and how take part can be found at: http://www.osprea.ox.ac.uk/oxwatch/
An altered endometrial CD8 tissue resident memory T cell population in recurrent miscarriage
Southcombe JH. et al, (2017), Scientific Reports
Association of Maternal Antiangiogenic Profile at Birth With Early Postnatal Loss of Microvascular Density in Offspring of Hypertensive Pregnancies.
Yu GZ. et al, (2016), Hypertension (Dallas, Tex. : 1979), 68, 749 - 759
Characterization of NK Cells in Endometriosis Associated Pain.
Soderstrom K. et al, (2016), REPRODUCTIVE SCIENCES, 23, 161A - 161A
Endometrial Tissue Resident Memory T Cells.
Southcombe J. et al, (2016), REPRODUCTIVE SCIENCES, 23, 69A - 69A
Oxfordshire Women and Their Children's Health (OxWATCH): protocol for a prospective cohort feasibility study.
Harrison S. et al, (2015), BMJ Open, 5